Talk about commercial roofing, and not many people of think beyond options like steel, aluminum or even copper. However, if you are looking for a better and more eco-friendly choice, go for zinc. Zinc has a few advantages over traditional metals, and in this post, we will talk about the pros of zinc roofing.
- Zinc roofing comes with a layer known as zinc hydroxyl-carbonate, which protects the material from most of the weather elements, and thereby, prevents corrosion. No need to worry about iron rusting anymore.
- Zinc is a recyclable material, which makes it environment-friendly. At the same time, the production process doesn’t take a lot of energy, especially if you compare the manufacturing costs to that of copper or even aluminum.
- This is also a material that’s meant to last, which is why it is also known to be great for the planet. Zinc roofing systems can last for many decades with little or no maintenance, and therefore, you can save considerable money in the long run.
- Zinc is a light material, and compared to other systems, it is pretty easy to install. Transporting the material from one place to another is not a trouble either. Also, since it has a low melting point, you can get the right kind of roofing solutions that you are looking for.
- As compared to other roofing options for commercial needs, zinc is also affordable. There are companies that can offer custom solutions for your roofing needs, and you can get an estimate in advance.
Things to note
While there are plenty of roof cladding options, zinc is a material that’s low on maintenance. In fact, thanks to the patina on the top surface, there are no maintenance costs to worry about. In most cases, installers offer a life-time guarantee on the cladding for at least 80 years or more. Aesthetically, it continues to retain its sheen, and as time passes, the final look only gets better. with regards to zinc, you can also look for rain-screen cladding options. However, if you have budget restrictions, always choose to check for designs and solutions in metal panel systems. Discuss the time required for the job in advance, and also, you may want to check a few before and after pictures of other projects to know the final look better.
Check online now to find more on installation services near you!